Where is she from?
Cashmere hair is a fine fiber (19 to less than 12 microns) and very soft, which is obtained from the undercoat of the cashmere goat, at the end of winter. It comes from the mountain goat found in the Himalayan highlands region of Ladakh and Tibet and mainly in Inner Mongolia. Its name cashmere comes from the fact that it was in the Kashmir region of India that its weaving developed even if the wool does not come from this region.
How is it made?
Cashmere hair is a fine fiber (19 to less than 12 microns) and very soft, which is obtained from the undercoat of the cashmere goat, at the end of winter.
Cashmere goat herders patiently wait for the arrival of spring (when the goats moult) to harvest the hair from the goats using a comb. They must then separate the undercoats from the others to keep only the quality fibers. Once washed and carded, they are spun to make a yarn for making clothes.
What are these advantages?
- Cashmere naturally regulates moisture which gives it great insulating properties
- It is warmer and lighter than wool
- It is extremely soft in contact with the skin
- It will protect you from temperatures down to -30°CC
What are these disadvantages?
- Rare material hence the high price
- With increasing demand due to overcrowding. Some breeders shear goats even in winter, which is bad for the animal and sometimes leads to its death.
How do we maintain it?
Hand wash, cold, with wool detergent, special cashmere shampoo or baby laundry soap. Quickly soak your cashmere garment (don't leave it in water), pat it dry, then rinse it in clean water. Wring your garment in a towel without deforming it, then dry it flat on a towel, away from light and heat. Do not useNever softener.
You can even iron your cashmere. Iron them lightly and delicately inside out, on a low iron with a jet of steam, without pulling on the mesh.
Fun fact, did you know that a cashmere wedding symbolizes 47 years of marriage in French folklore.
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: Caractéristique du cachemire, comment entretenir le cachemire, comment le cachemier est t'il fabriqué, d'ou vient le cachemire, la douceur du cachemire, quels sont les avantage du cachemire, quels sont les inconvénients du cachemire